Sunday, May 16, 2010

Generous donation from Coffs Harbour Landcare

Last week I drove down to Coffs Harbour and spoke at the Coffs Harbour Landcare AGM about cane toads. I have travelled up north and pleaded with the groups above us to keep trying and it was interesting to travel south and show what we have been doing.

Many members were very interested and asked a great deal of questions. The most common theme was they had no idea we had so many cane toads in the Clarence. I think a few people went away a bit more concerned about the future of cane toads in the Coffs area. I was treated to a feast and given a lovely gift - so many lovely people to meet.

Then, two days ago I receive a letter thanking me for my time (I can talk toad all night!) and enclosed was a cheque for $50 as a donation ot the CIA to support our efforts. Thanks to CH Landcare - that is very appreciated and will be put to good use. I am sending a letter as well.